Maovember will officially wrap up at Paddy O’Shea’s tonight with its best closing party ever. Here is what to expect:
- Two bands.
- CHEERS mulled wine, Jameson picklebacks and Orchard Pig cider, all proceeds to charity.
- Hockey and dart games for charity.
- A draw for, you guessed it, charity.
- The weighing of the winner of the “win your weight in wine” contest.
- Handover of the first donations to 2017 partners Bread of Life and Library Project.
- Lots of Maovember supporters, from individual donors to our bar, restaurant and vendor partners.
- Last, but certainly not least, the capping of Mike Wester’s month-long, 900-km mission. Mike will time his 899th km for 8 PM, we’ll walk the 900th km together, then the party gets starts.
We’ll be on hand at 7:30 PM, Mike’s last km is at 8 PM, group photos, donation hand-overs are just after 9 PM, and the music, drinks and games are all night. Paddy O’Shea’s is opposite the Australian Embassy (see details here). Hope to see you tonight!
(If you can’t make it, we also have three “hair of the dog events”: SantaCon Beijing and the Beijinger Chili Eating Contest at Punjabi, both on December 2, and the Hatchery Maovember Shave Off on December 3. More details here.)
Maovember focuses on quirky events for good causes. Our 2022 partner is Library Project, which has furnished thousands of reading rooms in rural schools. Learn more about Maovember here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.