1. Tonight’s Mystery Draw is like Christmas came early. The crowd chooses a gift to open — and add to the draw pool — every time we raise 300 yuan in ticket / shot sales. Gifts range from booze to books, sausages to gift certificates, and are worth at least 300 yuan each. We have up to 4000 yuan in prizes to give away.
2. You can exercise your brain: Get a marathon-like mental workout with six rounds of questions from quiz master Jo.
3. Manager Paul Rochon has the best collection of live music videos, like, ever. Stuff like this.*
4. We’ll make you a team. Haven’t been to a quiz or don’t know anyone else who wants to come tonight? Don’t worry, we’ll connect your with other fun individuals for a team.
5. It supports maovember. Every 800 yuan we raise this month means one cataract surgery for a blind person in rural China, guys like Mr Xu, who we profiled yesterday in this post. Tonight’s event is a good chance to have fun, win prizes and help others.
That’s it. The quiz starts at 8:30 PM. The entry fee is 100 yuan and gets your team two pitchers of beer. Draw tickets and whiskey shots are 20 yuan. All money raised from entry fees, tickets and shots goes to maovember.
If you have any questions, give us a shout at nihao (at) maovember.com.
* I could only find this video of Tom Jones and Janis Joplin, absolutely nailing “Raise Your Hand” in 1969, on Youtube, so if you can’t access the site, no dice. But you can ask Paul at Paddy O’Shea’s to play it for you.
Maovember teams restaurants, bars, vendors and customers for good causes. Our 2019 partner is Library Project, which has furnished more than 2000 libraries in rural schools. Learn more about Maovember here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.