Enjoy a day of food, drink and music as maovember wraps up a month of fundraising.
The fun starts from 3 PM at George’s Bar in Workers Stadium as The Beijing Beatles return for a second year of maovember fun. There is also plenty of food and drink, including:
- 18-inch pizzas from Kro’s Nest (75 kuai per pie). We will have five each of Pepperoni Explosion, Sausage Fest, Honolulu Hurricane and Veg-Head. Each is enough for three people. First come, first served.
- Wine from La Cava (25 kuai per glass). La Cava owner Mariano Larrain will be on hand to pour a selection of the wines from his nearby shop.
- Beer from Heineken and Tiger (25 kuai per bottle). If wine isn’t your thing, grab a cold beer while enjoying the Beijing Beatles. Thank to Kenny Lew for the brew.
The party continues at Fubar from 6 PM with a Two Guys pie-eating contest headed by heavyweights Benny Bongo and Zona — see Maodown at Fubar — and tunes by DJ BB Deng. Enjoy tasty beverages, too, including:
- Maovember Beer (25 yuan): Vedett has made four cases of specially labeled bottles for us and these will be exclusive to Fubar. Enjoy a beer and get a souvenir.
- Grace Vineyard People’s Series Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon (25 yuan) from Torres China. Enjoy wine from what is widely deemed the best Chinese operation of the past decade.
- Fu Shots (20 yuan). Fubar will be creating a special shot for maovember.
All proceeds from the beer, wine, shots, and pie-eating contest — 100 yuan per person — go to maovember.
We hope to see lots of you today as we wrap up our campaign.
Maovember teams restaurants, bars, vendors and customers for good causes. Our 2019 partner is Library Project, which has furnished more than 2000 libraries in rural schools. Learn more about Maovember here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.